FAQ banner image

Frequently asked questions

We strive to provide displaced policy owners with all the answers they need. We’ve collected common questions and provided answers to the most asked questions. If you have further questions, please contact us. Our team is available 24/7 to answer any questions and assist you during your insurance claim.

Please call your Insurance agent or the claims department at your insurance company. Call us if you require emergency housing.

Loss of use insurance can help pay for the additional living expenses you incur on when a covered home insurance claim makes your home uninhabitable.

Think about the last time you stayed away from home. Chances are you had to line up a place to stay and pay to eat at restaurants or order takeout. If your trip was long enough, you likely had to handle other necessities, like going to the laundromat, etc.

That’s similar to what happens when you are forced to stay away from home while it’s being repaired. Say your home is damaged by a fire, and you can’t live there while repairs are underway. Coverage D in your home insurance policy can pay for additional living expenses, such as the cost of:

  • Renting a place to stay
  • Buying groceries
  • Getting takeout
  • Doing laundry
  • And more…

Loss of use coverage is typically 10% or 20% of your Dwelling

Coverage A). Or as long as your dwelling is inhabitable – whichever comes first. You can find these coverages on your Declarations page

This portion of your home insurance policy can usually pay for:

  • Temporary accommodation, for example a hotel, apartment motel, or home.
  • Transportation costs
  • Pet boarding
  • Grocery or restaurant bills spent in addition to your regular level of expenditure
  • Relocation costs of your personal belongings
  • Laundry expenses
  • Parking fees

Again, these expenses can be covered only up to the limits of your  policy and only for the duration your policy states (Each Carrier and Policy may have different guidelines. (Please refer to your Policy Jacket and Declarations Page for exact information).

Loss of use coverage typically won’t pay for:

  • Your mortgage
  • Loss of rental income beyond the period it takes to repair or rebuild your home
  • It also won’t pay for additional living expenses when your home is made uninhabitable by an event your home insurance policy doesn’t cover. ( Check policy for Covered Perils and Exclusions)

Some policy have specific exclusions based off the policy form and what you purchased)

To draw on your loss of use coverage, your home must be made uninhabitable by a peril your home insurance policy covers, such as:

  • Fire
  • Windstorm
  • Water Damage ( Check your Policy for Limits and Exclusion’s)
  • Vandalism
  • This coverage won’t be effective if your home is uninhabitable because of flood damage. ( Rising Water from The Ground Up)

Just call us…(561) 222-3305 

Your insurer works with us to help ensure that your transition into a hotel and/or temporary housing goes as smoothly and stress-free as possible. Your insurer knows they can depend upon our experience and expertise in the temporary housing industry and they know we will provide you with the superior service you deserve..

Your Additional Living Expense coverage provides you with a means to maintain your normal standard of living, so your hotel and/or temporary housing will be as similar as possible to your current home. In addition to hotel accommodations, Emergency Insurance Housing provides single-family homes, apartments, condominiums and townhomes in your area.

Typically within 24 hours or less after our initial call with you or your claims adjuster. Then call us to find emergency housing in your neighborhood.

Contact us

Compare listings